Hello friends!! Happy Sunday! 💖🌈💖
Hope you all are having a great day.
As I mentioned earlier, I did ‘The Three Things’ exercise for one week. I’ll now share how I did for the next three days.
1. I completed 2 chapters (at once) of a book I am currently reading. They were long, but I lost track of time. I feel happy when I engross myself into reading.
I should plan on making more time for reading. There are so many books waiting to be read.
2. I met my grandma. I saw her after 4-5 months. It was great meeting her. I love to listen her stories, about events from her life and I also like to share my experiences with her. She is very kind and caring. I love her so much!
I should definitely plan to meet her often and spend more time with her.
1. I helped mom with cooking. I learnt a few things, we shared laughter and had a wonderful time.
2. I decided to have more time offline and be busy with other activities.
Well, it went well and I felt good at the end of the day. Less screen time helped me to concentrate more on other important activities.
I need to plan more such time being offline and engaging with people I love and care for.
3. I went for a walk in the garden. I practiced mindfulness. I saw beautiful parrots, eagles, even some bats. Observing natural beauty is soothing.
1. I went for a jog today. Felt good and cheerful for the rest of the day.
2. I read some beautiful poems today. I was inspired and encouraged by them. Some poems helped me set a optimistic and grateful attitude for the day.
I would like to do read such beautiful poems from time to time.
This was how did ‘The Three Things’ exercise. It was nice to try something different and appreciate positive things happening in my life. At the end of this I have so many things to add in my To-do list 😅. Small things that make me smile.
Some days, I had to look harder for good things in that day but I managed to pull through. I realised these things don’t necessarily need to be something grand. Just something that made you feel good, even for a while.
The best feeling was when I read the list at the end of the week and thought how good this week has been. I’m able to say “Yeah, this week was good for me”. That makes it worth the effort.
This exercise was helpful for me. I’d be happy if you guys try this as well and cherish the positive experiences in your life. If you do this, please share your experience and your thoughts with me. I’d love to hear them. 🙂
Thank you so much for being here!!🙏
Leave a Reply